- 1 pound imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread, split
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, mayonnaise, onions and celery. Stir in the cheese, salt and pepper. Spread over bread bottom; replace top.
- Wrap in a large piece of heavy-duty foil. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Cut into slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab Melt Loaf
Sort By :
What a fabulous "Crab Melt Loaf Sandwich". It will please your family, friends, co-workers, church workers, other club members. It is an unusual treat, that offers a new - unusual recipe for the filling. YUM!!! LOL :-)
I have made this several times during the summer. I find it best to eat on regular bread. The french bread is too hard to eat.
We thought it was tasty... The French bread was a little too crusty and difficult to eat, next time we'll make fresh white bread and use that instead.
All in all, good flavor and a nice change of pace. Thanks for the recipe!