Crab Meat Pasta Salad
Beth Kist from Chicago, Illinois shares this delightful seafood salad that’s ideal for a special luncheon. It’s crispy and crunchy with a surprising kick.
2 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts, halved
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- bowl, combine the salad dressing, lemon-pepper and cayenne. Stir in
- the crab, carrot, water chestnuts and onions.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water. Gently stir into crab mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve on lettuce leaves;
- sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-3/4 cups (prepared with fat-free salad dressing) equals 492 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 862 mg sodium, 81 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon