Crab Macaroni Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fat-free cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Combine flour and milk until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Drain macaroni. Add the crabmeat, sour cream, Swiss cheese, salt, mustard, macaroni and 1/4 cup cheddar cheese to the skillet.
- Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab Macaroni Casserole(2)
Sort By :
I used fresh lump crabmeat instead of canned and Old Bay seasoning instead of ground mustard. The recipe was good but a bit bland. Would try again with more Old Bay and more cheese.
I was told by my family it was a "do again", not a "do over". I doubled the recipe, and substituted the second can of lump crab with small shrimp. They loved it!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >