- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fat-free cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Combine flour and milk until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Drain macaroni. Add the crabmeat, sour cream, Swiss cheese, salt, mustard, macaroni and 1/4 cup cheddar cheese to the skillet.
- Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab Macaroni Casserole
"I used fresh lump crabmeat instead of canned and Old Bay seasoning instead of ground mustard. The recipe was good but a bit bland. Would try again with more Old Bay and more cheese."
"I was told by my family it was a "do again", not a "do over". I doubled the recipe, and substituted the second can of lump crab with small shrimp. They loved it!"