- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in 1
- tablespoon butter until tender; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in flour, mustard,
- pepper, salt and paprika until smooth; gradually add cream. Bring to
- a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 3/4 cup
- each mozzarella and cheddar cheeses until blended. Remove from heat;
- fold in macaroni.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs,
- butter and basil. Transfer half the macaroni mixture to a greased
- 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with reserved mushroom mixture,
- remaining macaroni mixture, mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. Top with
- crab and Swiss cheese. Sprinkle with crumb mixture and Parmesan
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before
- serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 535 calories, 29 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 534 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.