“I make this salad when it's hot outside and we're looking for something quick and simple for dinner,” says Gail VanGundy. The Parker, Colorado cook likes to serve hers with butter crackers.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- 6 pitted ripe olives
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Divide the salad greens, crab, tomatoes, eggs and olives between two
- serving plates. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients;
- drizzle over salads. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise) equals 288 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 293 mg cholesterol, 950 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.