“I make this salad when it's hot outside and we're looking for something quick and simple for dinner,” says Gail VanGundy. The Parker, Colorado cook likes to serve hers with butter crackers.
- 2 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- 6 pitted ripe olives
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Divide the salad greens, crab, tomatoes, eggs and olives between two serving plates. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; drizzle over salads. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Crab Louis in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p23
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab Louis
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review