Crab Linguine Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil; cook until reduced to 1/3 cup. Stir in milk and evaporated milk; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until reduced to about 1-1/3 cups, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- 2. In a skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add the crab, onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper; heat through.
- 3. Drain linguine; place in a serving bowl. Toss with Parmesan cheese and remaining butter. Add sauce and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 293 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 835 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.