Crab Linguine Recipe
Becky Moldenhauer of La Crescent, Minnesota lightened up the creamy sauce for this delicious seafood pasta dish after seeing it in a cookbook. “My entire family loves it,” she notes. “In fact, they always ask for seconds.”
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil; cook until reduced to 1/3 cup. Stir in milk and evaporated milk; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until reduced to about 1-1/3 cups, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- In a skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add the crab, onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Drain linguine; place in a serving bowl. Toss with Parmesan cheese and remaining butter. Add sauce and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Crab Linguine in Light & Tasty October/November 2006, p61
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Crab Linguine(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2012
I thought this was just okay. I guess I'm not a fan of imitation crab. I may try it again with real crab meat and see how it turns out.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >