- 3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 4 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in flour, pepper and salt until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in crab and soup until blended.
- Drain pasta. Add crab mixture; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cracker crumbs.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab Imperial Casserole
"Followed the recipe except I used 12 oz. canned lump crab meat and 12 oz. imitation crab to bring the cost down. That flavor was fine, but we thought the finished product was rather dry. If I make it again, I will double the sauce."
"A great casserole! I substituted imitation crab and it worked fine."
"Restaurant quality! Easy to make! You will love it."