Crab Football Spread Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- 1 cup crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Pretzel sticks
- Assorted crackers and/or fresh vegetables
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add cheddar cheese, provolone cheese, crab, cottage cheese, seafood seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and mustard; mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Form mixture into a football shape. Arrange pretzels over top for laces. Serve with crackers and/or vegetables. Yield: 1 cheese ball.
Reviews for Crab Football Spread
"Huge Hit. Brought it to a Stanford Tailgate,"
"This recipe was expensive and had no "zing!" or oomph or flavor really. I changed it the second time by switching regular mustard with Dijon. I added 1 tsp hot sauce, my favorite is Franks, and just a scant 1/4 tsp. cayenne. It was just enough to add some zest to the sweet crab and bland cheeses. Oh, also I switched out the provolone with shredded swiss cheese. Less expensive. This time everyone RAVED about it and asked for recipe rather than just "eating" it:)"
"I made this crab football spread last year for our bar's football board party. When I got ready to leave, there wasn't anything left to bring home. I'm going to make this again this year for the Super Bowl Party."