Crab-Filled Veggie Bites Recipe
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 fresh snow peas
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 1 cup finely chopped imitation crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat spreadable cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out and discard pulp; invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile, place snow peas in a small saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place peas in ice water. Drain and pat dry. With a sharp knife, split each pea pod along the curved edge.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Fill tomatoes and peas with crab mixture; arrange on a serving platter. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Crab-Filled Veggie Bites in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p39
Reviews for Crab-Filled Veggie Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review