Crab Filled Deviled Eggs Recipe
Whether served as an appetizer or alongside an entree, Karen Conklin's deviled eggs offer a welcomed change of pace. That's because the Santee, South Carolina reader fills them with a creamy combination that includes crabmeat, hot pepper sauce and a dash of cayenne.
- 8 hard-cooked eggs
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1. Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set aside egg whites and four yolks (discard remaining yolks or save for another use).
- 2. In a large bowl, mash reserved yolks. Stir in the mayonnaise, lemon juice, tarragon, onion, salt, hot pepper sauce and cayenne. Stir in crab until well combined. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16 appetizers.
1 stuffed egg half equals 36 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Crab Filled Deviled Eggs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC