- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- EGG FOO YONG:
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and sugar. Stir in the broth, soy sauce and vinegar until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour and eggs until smooth. Stir in bean sprouts, crab, onions, garlic powder and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil. Drop crab mixture by 1/3 cupfuls into oil. Cook until for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crab Egg Foo Yung in Taste of Home Recipes Across America 2013, p401
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab Egg Foo Yung
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review