Crab-Egg Cracker Spread Recipe
This chunky spread always disappears in a twinkling at holiday gatherings. With plenty of crabmeat, hard-cooked eggs and a touch of hot sauce, its hearty kick goes great with crackers, chips or veggies. It was one of my father's very favorite appetizers. -Peggy West Geaorgetown, Delaware
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 1-1/2 cups flaked fresh or 1-1/2 cups frozen crabmeat
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, finely chopped
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Stir in the crab and eggs. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 113 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 407 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC