This chunky spread always disappears in a twinkling at holiday gatherings. With plenty of crabmeat, hard-cooked eggs and a touch of hot sauce, its hearty kick goes great with crackers, chips or veggies. It was one of my father's very favorite appetizers. -Peggy West Geaorgetown, Delaware
Recommended: 47 Sweet and Savory Snacks For Your TV Marathon
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 1-1/2 cups flaked fresh or 1-1/2 cups frozen crabmeat
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, finely chopped
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Stir in the crab and eggs. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Crab-Egg Cracker Spread in Taste of Home December/January 2005, p34
Reviews for Crab-Egg Cracker Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 11, 2015
"Very tasty chunky spread for crackers. It would also make a good seafood sandwich spread!I used the imitation crabmeat and it worked fine."