This chunky spread always disappears in a twinkling at holiday gatherings. With plenty of crabmeat, hard-cooked eggs and a touch of hot sauce, its hearty kick goes great with crackers, chips or veggies. It was one of my father's very favorite appetizers. -Peggy West Geaorgetown, Delaware
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 1-1/2 cups flaked fresh or 1-1/2 cups frozen crabmeat
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, finely chopped
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Stir in the crab and eggs. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Crab-Egg Cracker Spread in Taste of Home December/January 2005, p34
Reviews for Crab-Egg Cracker Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 11, 2015
"Very tasty chunky spread for crackers. It would also make a good seafood sandwich spread!I used the imitation crabmeat and it worked fine."