Crab Dip in a Bread Bowl Recipe
I whipped up this recipe for a get-together when my husband had no interest in the spinach dip I had prepared. Ranch salad dressing mix is the fantastic flavoring.Sharon Monroe, Littleton, Colorado
- 1 loaf (1 pound) loaf sourdough bread
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 2 cups imitation crabmeat
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- Cut top fourth off of the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1-in. shell. Cube removed bread; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, crab, water chestnuts and salad dressing mix.
- Fill bread shell with crab dip. Serve with vegetables and reserved bread cubes. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Crab Dip in a Bread Bowl in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p66
Reviews for Crab Dip in a Bread Bowl(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review