- 12 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Additional minced fresh parsley
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a bowl, mash the yolks. Add the crab, mayonnaise, onion, celery, green pepper, mustard, parsley, salt, pepper, hot pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce; mix well.
- Pipe or spoon into egg whites. Sprinkle with additional parsley. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Crab Deviled Eggs
Sort By :
Thanks Devon. I did a little variation to bring down the cost. Used albacore tuna drained and 1 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp lemon zest. Yum!
If you really want to really make them decadent, crumble up some freshly cooked bacon and put some in the bottom of the egg before you pipe in the filling.
I took LiRm advice and sprinkled the Old Bay seasoning on top. These eggs are fantastic. I usually do not steer away from my personal deviled egg recipes because my family always complains. But this recipes is a keeper. When making deviled eggs again I will probably have to make my personal recipe as well as this one. I did not used canned crab because I had some real crab pieces I had just recently purchased for another recipe and had frozen the leftover.
These are SO GOOD!! I just finished making this recipe, and I couldn't wait to try one. Delicious! A perfect blend of seasonings---I wouldn't change anything. These will be great for summer, but I don't think I can wait that long to make them again! Thanks!
Try sprinkling a little Old Bay seasoning on top. Fantastic!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Deviled Egg Recipes >
- Easter Appetizers >
- Easter Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >