Crab Cucumber Bites
I look for recipes that are deceptively easy. These fancy-but-quick crab and cucumber appetizers are heavenly, and the stand-out colors light up any gathering or holiday table, no matter the season. —Nancy Czarnick, Desert Hills, Arizona
48 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 medium cucumbers
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Peel strips from cucumbers to create striped edges; cut each cucumber
- into 16 slices, about 1/4-in. thick. Pat dry with paper towels; set
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, lemon juice and pepper sauce
- until smooth. Fold in the crab, red pepper and onions. Place 1
- heaping teaspoonful onto each cucumber slice. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 16 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.