Crab Crescents Recipe
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1/2 cup fresh crabmeat
- 1. Unroll crescent dough; separate into eight triangles. Cut each triangle in half lengthwise, forming two triangles. Spread 1/2 teaspoon pesto over each triangle; place 1 rounded teaspoonful of crab along the wide end of each triangle.
- 2. Roll up triangles from the wide ends and place point side down 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 16 appetizers.
1 each: 74 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 144mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Crab Crescents
"Made this for New Year's Eve. Used tiny shrimp instead of crab, and the results were outstanding."
"It didn't specify which pesto to use, I used a tomato based one but it may have been better with the basil? The tomato gave it a pizza sauce taste which isn't really what you want with crab. Great appetizer idea and worth experimenting with :)"
"So easy & so delicious! My husband served this at my 30th birthday party.~ Theresa"
"Instead of the pesto, I substituted cream cheese, green onions, and a dash of hot sauce. Yummo"
"the whole family loved it"
"I tried this recipe, wondering how it would taste. It is delicious and it vanished so fast, I had to make it again. My family loved it."