When some friends who love crab were planning a party, I created this recipe for them. The comforting baked bundles wrap up a cheesy seafood filling in convenient crescent roll dough. —Noelle Myers, Grand Forks, North Dakota
Featured In: 30 Seafood Recipes for Christmas Gatherings
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded carrot (about 1 medium)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated seamless crescent dough sheet
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, mayonnaise and mustard until blended. Stir in cheese, carrot, celery, green onions and garlic. Gently fold in crab.
- Unroll crescent dough and roll into a 12-1/2x10-in. rectangle. Cut each sheet into twenty 2-1/2-in. squares.
- Spoon a heaping teaspoonful of cream cheese mixture diagonally over half of each square to within 1/2 in. of edges. Fold one corner of dough over filling to the opposite corner, forming a triangle. Pinch seams to seal; press edges with a fork. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 40 appetizers.
Originally published as Crab Crescent Triangles in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p6
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab Crescent Triangles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review