You can find imitation crab--otherwise referred to as surimi--at the seafood counter of your local supermarket.
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) couscous
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 pounds imitation crabmeat, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled mangoes
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- In a saucepan, bring the broth and butter to a boil. Stir in the couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; cool to room temperature. Fluff with a fork.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice and cumin. Add the crab, mangoes, tomatoes and onions to couscous. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Crab Couscous Salad in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p218
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab Couscous Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review