Crab Couscous Salad
You can find imitation crab--otherwise referred to as surimi--at the seafood counter of your local supermarket.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) couscous
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 pounds imitation crabmeat, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled mangoes
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- In a saucepan, bring the broth and butter to a boil. Stir in the
- couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl; cool to room temperature. Fluff with a
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice and
- cumin. Add the crab, mangoes, tomatoes and onions to couscous.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 443 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 429 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.