Crab Corn Pudding Recipe
This special dish is a wonderful first course for a small gathering of friends around the holidays. —Shawn Solley, Lawton, Oklahoma
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed and patted dry
- 1-3/4 cups half-and-half cream
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Lightly grease eight 8-oz. custard cups; set aside. In a skillet, saute green onions in butter until tender; set aside.
- 2. Spread corn on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. In a blender or food processor, combine corn and cream; cover and process for 1-2 seconds. Add the eggs, crab, Parmesan cheese, flour, salt, sugar, pepper, nutmeg and reserved onions. Cover and process 10-20 seconds longer. Pour into prepared custard cups.
- 3. Place cups in a large baking pan. Add 1 in. of boiling water to pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 244 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 214mg cholesterol, 665mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Crab Corn Pudding
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC