Crab Coleslaw Medley Recipe
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken ramen noodles
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, romaine, onion and crab. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and contents of seasoning packet from noodles; shake well.
- 2. Break noodles into small pieces. Sprinkle noodles, almonds and sesame seeds over salad; mix well. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 149 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 527 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.