Crab Coleslaw Medley Recipe
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken ramen noodles
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, romaine, onion and crab. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and contents of seasoning packet from noodles; shake well.
- 2. Break noodles into small pieces. Sprinkle noodles, almonds and sesame seeds over salad; mix well. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup: 149 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 527mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Crab Coleslaw Medley
"One word for this salad: YUM!"
"Made this salad for a buffet birthday party. Doubled the recipe for 50 people, and it was just the right amount. Rave reviews on it, and requests for recipe! The toasted almonds and ramen noodles compliment the soft texture of the crab. One note is that it does not keep well for left overs as the lettuce greens wilt overnight. Eat it all at one meal, and it is wonderful."
"This is delicious. Love the crunch of the ramen noodles in this. Never would have though to use ramen noodles this way."