Crab Coleslaw Medley Recipe
This salad gets its pleasant crunch from ramen noodles, almonds and sesame seeds. "It's my most asked-for recipe," says Edith frost from Mountain View, California. "An adaptable main dish, it works well with chicken or turkey, too."
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken ramen noodles
- 2 tablespoons Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, romaine, onion and crab. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and contents of seasoning packet from noodles; shake well.
- Break noodles into small pieces. Sprinkle noodles, almonds and sesame seeds over salad; mix well. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Crab Coleslaw Medley in Light & Tasty October/November 2001, p42
Reviews for Crab Coleslaw Medley(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 16, 2009
This is delicious. Love the crunch of the ramen noodles in this. Never would have though to use ramen noodles this way.