Crab Cheese Fondue Recipe
"We used to host fondue parties regularly with our friends and tried to outdo each other with the most wonderful recipes. This thick and cheesy blend with its mild crab flavor was always a hit," notes field editor Mary Houchin of Swansea, Illinois.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup condensed cream of mushroom or celery soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- Cubed French bread, cherry tomatoes, baby zucchini, cooked new potatoes and/or artichoke hearts for dipping
- 1. In a saucepan, combine milk and soup until blended. Add cheeses; cook and stir over low heat until melted. Stir in crab and lemon juice; remove from the heat.
- 2. Rub the interior of a fondue pot with the cut side of garlic; discard garlic. Pour cheese mixture into pot; keep at a gentle simmer over low heat. Serve with bread cubes, tomatoes, zucchini, potatoes and/or artichoke hearts. Yield: 3 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 80 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Crab Cheese Fondue
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC