Crab Cakes Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 tablespoons seafood cocktail sauce
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add crab; mix gently. Shape rounded tablespoonfuls into 2-in. patties.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, cook patties in butter and oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with seafood sauce. Yield: 9 servings.
3 crab cakes with 2 teaspoons seafood sauce equals 139 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 547 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Crab Cakes
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.