- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir in crab.
- In a food processor, process bread slices, a few at a time, until
- fine crumbs form (total volume should be 2-1/2 cups). Add 1 cup to
- the crab mixture.
- Shape 1/4 cupfuls of crab mixture into patties. Coat both sides of
- patties with remaining bread crumbs, pressing to adhere. Place on a
- baking sheet; cover and refrigerate for up to 6 hours.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a blender, combine the mayonnaise, mustard,
- honey, lemon juice, red pepper, onions, shallots, parsley, salt and
- pepper; cover and process until finely chopped. Refrigerate until
- In a large skillet, melt half of the butter and half of the oil.
- Place half of the crab cakes in skillet. Cook over medium heat for 5
- minutes on each side or until lightly browned (carefully turn the
- delicate cakes over). Repeat with remaining butter, oil and crab
- cakes. Serve with sauce and lemon wedges. Yield: 10 servings.
TEST KITCHEN TIP Chilling these delicate crab cakes makes them less fragile during frying.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 241 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 576 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.