- 1-1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Thai chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 1/4 cup each finely chopped celery, red onion and sweet red pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pound fresh crabmeat
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chili sauce and 1-1/4 teaspoons lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute the celery, onion, red pepper and jalapeno in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the bread crumbs, egg, 1/2 cup reserved mayonnaise mixture and remaining lemon juice. Fold in crab. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining mayonnaise mixture for sauce.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. Drop crab mixture by 2 tablespoonfuls into flour. Gently coat and shape into a 1/2-in.-thick patty. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook patties in remaining oil in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 2 dozen (1 cup sauce).
Reviews for Crab Cakes with Red Chili Mayo
Sort By :
"Very good. This was my 1st attempt at making crab cakes. Will do again."
"This was my first time making crab cakes and this recipe came out perfect! I served them on slider rolls and put the mayo right on the sliders. They came out really nice looking too and I am not usually good at making recipes look like the picture."
"These were terrific, although I omitted the jalapeno peppers to suit our tastes."
"Loved this recipe. The Red Chili Mayo really adds the zing."
"Excellent! I love the spicy touch. I added some of the chili sauce to the crab cakes themselves, which meant I also needed to add a little more bread crumbs. I also will make a little more of the mayo so it will go a little farther. Thanks for the great recipe!"