Crab Cakes with Red Chili Mayo Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Thai chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 1/4 cup each finely chopped celery, red onion and sweet red pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pound fresh crabmeat
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chili sauce and 1-1/4 teaspoons lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute the celery, onion, red pepper and jalapeno in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the bread crumbs, egg, 1/2 cup reserved mayonnaise mixture and remaining lemon juice. Fold in crab. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining mayonnaise mixture for sauce.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. Drop crab mixture by 2 tablespoonfuls into flour. Gently coat and shape into a 1/2-in.-thick patty. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook patties in remaining oil in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 2 dozen (1 cup sauce).
Reviews for Crab Cakes with Red Chili Mayo(7)
Sort By :
Loved this recipe. The Red Chili Mayo really adds the zing.
Excellent! I love the spicy touch. I added some of the chili sauce to the crab cakes themselves, which meant I also needed to add a little more bread crumbs. I also will make a little more of the mayo so it will go a little farther. Thanks for the great recipe!
This recipe is very good but lacks horseradish sauce. The next time i make it I'll add about 1 tsp to the sauce.
delicious. I made these for a dinner party and my guest raved about them. These were gone in a flash.
This recipe is delicious but one I will not make if my third son is home, as he is deathly allergic to seafood. The rest of my family loves it and we'll be making it many more times.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cajun Appetizers >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Condiments >
- Crab Cakes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Appetizers >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >