- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash cayenne pepper
- CRAB CAKES:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Minced fresh chives
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until blended. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the first 11 crab cake ingredients until blended. Fold in crab. Shape into twelve 1/2-in.-thick patties. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add crab cakes in batches; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Sprinkle with chives; serve with sauce. Yield: 1 dozen (1/3 cup sauce).
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Crab Cakes with Peanut Sauce
Sort By :
My crab cakes were definitely not as pretty as the magazine picture. The crab cakes had an 'ok' taste to them but weren't good enough to save for leftovers. We won't make this recipe again but thank you for the fun experiment!
I rarely ever try a taste of home recipe that just doesn't work but unfortunately this one didn't. Like the previous review says I followed the recipe exactly but they completely fell apart. The flavor of the cakes was good but I wasn't a fan of the peanut butter sauce either. I hate to write a poor review but I like to be honest.
I followed the recipe exactly but for some reason the crab cakes kept falling apart. They kind of turned into a "hot mess." We ended up making sandwiches (so it was like a tuna fish or chicken salad sandwich). The taste of the crab "mess" was excellent. I didn't prepare the peanut sauce--just doesn't seem like crab and peanut sauce go together. It does look like a good recipe, though, so I'm sure I will try it the next time I need a peanut sauce.
I liked the taste of the crab cakes but felt the peanut sauce overwhelmed them.