Crab cakes are a go-to on my party food list. The peanut sauce in this recipe takes the cake! —Amber Massey, Argyle, Texas
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash cayenne pepper
- CRAB CAKES:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Minced fresh chives
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until blended. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the first 11 crab cake ingredients until blended. Fold in crab. Shape into twelve 1/2-in.-thick patties. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add crab cakes in batches; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Sprinkle with chives; serve with sauce. Yield: 1 dozen (1/3 cup sauce).
Originally published as Crab Cakes with Peanut Sauce in Taste of Home June/July 2014
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Crab Cakes with Peanut Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review