Crab Cakes with Lime Sauce
Reel in a breezy taste of the seashore with these delectable, crispy-coated crab cakes from Oxford, Pennsylvania’s Marjie Gaspar. Her refreshing, lip-smacking lime sauce adds a delightful summery tang to this old-fashioned favorite.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian salad dressing mix
- 1-1/2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 37), divided
- 1 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, onion, mustard, dressing mix, 1
- cup cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon lime juice.
- Shape into six patties; coat with remaining cracker crumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook crab cakes for
- 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- For lime sauce, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, lime peel,
- and remaining mayonnaise and lime juice until blended. Serve with
- crab cakes. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 1,039 calories, 92 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 1,