Crab Cakes with Lime Sauce Recipe
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian salad dressing mix
- 1-1/2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 37), divided
- 1 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, onion, mustard, dressing mix, 1 cup cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Shape into six patties; coat with remaining cracker crumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook crab cakes for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- For lime sauce, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, lime peel, and remaining mayonnaise and lime juice until blended. Serve with crab cakes. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Crab Cakes with Lime Sauce in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p27
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab Cakes with Lime Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2010