Reel in a breezy taste of the seashore with these delectable, crispy-coated crab cakes from Oxford, Pennsylvania’s Marjie Gaspar. Her refreshing, lip-smacking lime sauce adds a delightful summery tang to this old-fashioned favorite.
Featured In: 30 Seafood Recipes for Christmas Gatherings
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian salad dressing mix
- 1-1/2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 35), divided
- 1 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, onion, mustard, dressing mix, 1 cup cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Shape into six patties; coat with remaining cracker crumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook crab cakes for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- For lime sauce, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, lime peel, and remaining mayonnaise and lime juice until blended. Serve with crab cakes. Yield: 3 servings
Originally published as Crab Cakes with Lime Sauce in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p27
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab Cakes with Lime Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2016
"Very good!! Served with fish and salad. Lime sauce compliments well."
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2010