- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 8 lemon wedges
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal and milk; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, saute red pepper and onions in oil until tender. Remove from the heat.
- Add the egg whites, mayonnaise, flour, parsley, lemon juice, seafood seasoning and cayenne to the reserved cornmeal mixture; mix well. Fold in the crab, corn and red pepper mixture.
- Coat the same skillet with cooking spray; drop crab mixture by scant 1/2 cupfuls into the pan. Press into 3/4-in.-thick patties. Cook in batches over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab Cakes with Fresh Lemon
Sort By :
These were more like corn cakes with crab in them. I chose the canned white crab - wrong type! Get lump crab for sure. I will try it again though and tweak some amounts here & there.
More Recipe Collections
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >