Crab Cakes Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 tablespoons seafood cocktail sauce
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add crab; mix gently. Shape rounded tablespoonfuls into 2-in. patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook patties in butter and oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with seafood sauce. Yield: 9 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab Cakes
Sort By :
This was my first time making crab cakes. They turned out pretty well. I used a 1/4 of a yellow onion instead of the green onions. I also used imitation crab and it did stick together for me. I will make this again!
It was my first time making crab cakes. I used fresh crab meat. They were excellent. I will make them again using this recipe
I used the canned crab meat and it was very watery and unstable. I had to add more bread crumbs to give it more consistency. I also added celery and red onion instead of green onion and it was very good. Still needs some tweeking but over all they were good.
Did not hold together very well after the first side was brown. Tried adding an egg and more crumbs to remaining batch. Recipe needs work. Was not very tasty.
this is the only recipe I use for my crab cakes, as we live near the water and always have dungeness crab when in season, I always use fresh crab, I do add about 2 teaspoons of "old bay" seasoning to the recipe. my family loves it!