Crab Cake-Stuffed Portobellos Recipe
- 6 large portobello mushrooms
- 3/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Remove stems from mushrooms (discard or save for another use); set caps aside. In a small skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, egg, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup cheese and seafood seasoning. Gently stir in crab and onion.
- 2. Spoon 1/2 cup crab mixture into each mushroom cap; drizzle with remaining oil. Sprinkle with paprika and remaining cheese. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 stuffed mushroom equals 346 calories, 22 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 695 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Crab Cake-Stuffed Portobellos
"This was a very yummy recipes. I made a some of the same tweaks Kemeschmu made. I added red sweet bell pepper, celery and saut?ed garlic along with the onions. It probably would have tasted pretty good without them though."
"No flavor at all."
"This was very delicious! Will definitely make again. Tasted like a gourmet chef made it and so simple."
"Absolutely delicious! ! I used reduced fat cream cheese, and I used regular crab legs. The canned was 9.99 a piece, where the crab legs were on sale for 6.99 a lb. Score!! A little extra work but oh so worth it!! I didn't have any seasoned bread crumbs so I seasoned plain with Emeril's Essence. Yum!"
"Loved this. Changed it up a little bit. Added red sweetpeppers, and celery. I sauted this with the onions. Added old bay and another type of seafood spice, dill weed,. some garlic salt and powder. Everyone loved it. Will definitely make this again. Served with a simple green salad with shrimp"
"We loved this recipe!!! Will definitely be made again, probably for company. We had it as a meal. It was so easy to make."
"If I could give this 6 stars I would. I used panko bread crumbs and added a tsp of dried parsley flakes instead of the seasoned bread crumbs. I also substituted green onion for the sweet onion. This recipe is restaurant quality."
"Made these tonight and they were awesome! Easy and very tasty. Made them ahead of time and just popped in the oven for dinner. Will definitely make them again."
"Made this recipe as is the first time and found it a bit bland. Used Italian bread crumbs as that is what I had on hand. The second time I made them I decreased the bread crumbs to 1/3c, increased the parmesan to 3/4c and added 2 tbsp. minced fresh parsley. Added more parmesan, parsley and paprika to the top of each Portobello and they were fantastic. Great appie!"
"I made these for Valentine dinner my husband & I loved them I put fresh spinach under my crab meat I will be making these again!"
"I will also make these in the smaller portobellos as an horderve pick up"
"I have made this several times and always get rave reviews. Very easy to make and tastes great. Love it!"
"This recipe was great, you get all flavor of the crab because there isn't a bunch of 'filler' ingredients. I may add some additional fresh herbs next time."
"WOW! This recipe is delicious, definitely a keeper."
"This one is a winner! My husband loved it. A few green onions adds a little more color. Thanks for this recipe.Glenda"
"These were very tasty. Will definitely make again."
"This is a GREAT recipe!! The only thing i will change when making them again will be to lightly wipe down the mushrooms with a light oil befor stuffing them as the skin of the mushroom dried out a little fast if they were not eaten imediately."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.