- 6 large portobello mushrooms
- 3/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Remove stems from mushrooms (discard or save for another use); set caps aside. In a small skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, egg, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup cheese and seafood seasoning. Gently stir in crab and onion.
- Spoon 1/2 cup crab mixture into each mushroom cap; drizzle with remaining oil. Sprinkle with paprika and remaining cheese. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab Cake-Stuffed Portobellos
"This was a very yummy recipes. I made a some of the same tweaks Kemeschmu made. I added red sweet bell pepper, celery and saut?ed garlic along with the onions. It probably would have tasted pretty good without them though."
"No flavor at all."
"This was very delicious! Will definitely make again. Tasted like a gourmet chef made it and so simple."
"Absolutely delicious! ! I used reduced fat cream cheese, and I used regular crab legs. The canned was 9.99 a piece, where the crab legs were on sale for 6.99 a lb. Score!! A little extra work but oh so worth it!! I didn't have any seasoned bread crumbs so I seasoned plain with Emeril's Essence. Yum!"