- 6 large portobello mushrooms
- 3/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Remove stems from mushrooms (discard or save for another use); set caps aside. In a small skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, egg, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup cheese and seafood seasoning. Gently stir in crab and onion.
- Spoon 1/2 cup crab mixture into each mushroom cap; drizzle with remaining oil. Sprinkle with paprika and remaining cheese. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab Cake-Stuffed Portobellos
Sort By :
Made these tonight and they were awesome! Easy and very tasty. Made them ahead of time and just popped in the oven for dinner. Will definitely make them again.
Made this recipe as is the first time and found it a bit bland. Used Italian bread crumbs as that is what I had on hand. The second time I made them I decreased the bread crumbs to 1/3c, increased the parmesan to 3/4c and added 2 tbsp. minced fresh parsley. Added more parmesan, parsley and paprika to the top of each Portobello and they were fantastic. Great appie!
I made these for Valentine dinner my husband & I loved them I put fresh spinach under my crab meat I will be making these again!
I will also make these in the smaller portobellos as an horderve pick up