Crab Cake Sandwiches Recipe
"While it's in the oven, I prepare Crab Cake Sandwiches." Yvonne continues. She originally created the golden cakes to use up some leftover crab, but you can make them anytime by simply using convenient canned crab. "Alan loves them," she notes. "I've served them to family and friends, and they always ask for the recipe. "I've also used the crab mixture to stuff mushroom caps and bake them as an appetizer."
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 10 crackers)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 6 hard rolls, split
- Lettuce leaves, tomato and onion slices, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the crab, crushed crackers, onion and green pepper. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, egg, salt, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and garlic powder. Stir into crab mixture until blended. Shape into six 3-in. patties; coat with flour.
- 2. In a large skillet, fry patties in oil for 5 minutes on each side or until browned. Serve on rolls with lettuce, tomato and onion if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 430 calories, 22 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 931 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Reviews for Crab Cake Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC