Crab Bruschetta Recipe
"Usually, I use only vegetables on my bruschetta, but I wondered how crab would taste. My family loves crab cakes, and now we love this appetizer, too," Mary Cokenour jots from Monticello, Utah.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 cup chopped seeded plum tomatoes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- In a large skillet, saute shallots 2 tablespoons oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the crab, tomatoes, basil and oregano; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat.
- Brush both sides of each slice of bread with remaining oil. In another large skillet, toast bread for 1-2 minutes on each side. Cut each slice in half; top with crab mixture. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Originally published as Crab Bruschetta in Taste of Home August/September 2007, p21
Reviews for Crab Bruschetta(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Bruschetta >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Bruschetta >
- Italian Recipes >