Crab-Brie Cheese Ball Recipe
This is no ordinary cheese ball! The phyllo-wrapped, baked Brie always wows the crowd at parties I host for the employees and customers of my small business.
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 16 sheets phyllo dough (14 inch x 9 inch sheet size)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Shape into a ball; set aside. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface. (Keep remaining dough covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Brush dough with butter. Repeat with remaining phyllo, brushing each layer with remaining butter.
- 2. Place Brie in center of phyllo stack; top with ball of crab mixture. Bring up corners of dough around Brie and ball; invert and place seam side down in a greased 9-in. pie plate. Combine egg and water. Brush over dough.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving with crackers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Crab-Brie Cheese Ball
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC