I've enjoyed cooking and baking ever since my 4-H days in rural Iowa. The zesty seasonings in this bisque nicely complement the subtle flavor of crab.
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the bouillon, cream, crab, mushrooms, basil, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Season to taste with remaining Creole seasoning and pepper if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crab Bisque in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p30
Reviews for Crab Bisque
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review