Crab Artichoke Dip with Toasted Pitas Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 4 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 12 pita pocket halves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1. In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Transfer to a large bowl; add the mayonnaise, artichokes, cheeses, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and celery salt. Gently stir in crab. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
- 2. Cut each pita pocket into four wedges. Separate each wedge into two triangles. Place the triangles rough side up on baking sheet; brush with olive oil. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with warm dip. Yield: 6 cups dip (8 dozen chips).
2 tablespoons dip with 2 pita chips equals 78 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.