Crab Appetizer Mold Recipe
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a small microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 20 seconds. Stir; let stand for 1 minute or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the soup, cream cheese, mayonnaise and gelatin. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in the crab, celery and onions.
- 3. Transfer to a 5-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Unmold onto a serving platter; serve with crackers. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup: 168 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Crab Appetizer Mold
"Perfect! It tasted just like the one one my mom used to make! I used the new Philadelphia cream cheese with jalape?os for an added kick! I awesome!"
"I love this dip, only I use cream of shrimp soup instead of cream of mushroom unless I m making a large mold in which case I double the recipe and use cream of mushroom and a can of cream of shrimp."
"I made this recipe year's ago for a get together. Everyone loved it. I borrowed the Taste of Home booklet to a friend & unfortunately it was never returned. I have been looking for this recipe since. I'm making it for a potluck, and can't wait to eat it!"