Crab Appetizer Mold Recipe
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a small microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 20 seconds. Stir; let stand for 1 minute or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the soup, cream cheese, mayonnaise and gelatin. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in the crab, celery and onions.
- 3. Transfer to a 5-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Unmold onto a serving platter; serve with crackers. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup: 168 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Crab Appetizer Mold
"Perfect! It tasted just like the one one my mom used to make! I used the new Philadelphia cream cheese with jalape?os for an added kick! I awesome!"
"I love this dip, only I use cream of shrimp soup instead of cream of mushroom unless I m making a large mold in which case I double the recipe and use cream of mushroom and a can of cream of shrimp."
"I made this recipe year's ago for a get together. Everyone loved it. I borrowed the Taste of Home booklet to a friend & unfortunately it was never returned. I have been looking for this recipe since. I'm making it for a potluck, and can't wait to eat it!"