Crab and Spinach Quiche Recipe
- 2 unbaked pastry shells (9 inches each)
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss Cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 to 8 ounces canned or frozen crabmeat, thawed, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 1. Line each unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg; set aside. Combine cheeses and flour; add to egg mixture. Stir in crab and spinach. Pour into pastry shells.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm. Yield: 32-36 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 105 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.