Crab and Spinach Quiche Recipe
- 2 unbaked pastry shells (9 inches each)
- 5 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss Cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 to 8 ounces canned or frozen crabmeat, thawed, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- Line each unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg; set aside. Combine cheeses and flour; add to egg mixture. Stir in crab and spinach. Pour into pastry shells.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm. Yield: 32-36 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab and Spinach Quiche(4)
Sort By :
This made a quick and easy meal for Christmas Eve. I made it as a crustless quiche. Served with some Waldorf Salad.
Way too much spinach versus egg and cheese! I would also use mozzarella instead of swiss, otherwise it's too sweet for me.
This was really tasty! Easy to prepare. I did end up doubling the crab to 12 oz to get a really good crab taste. At first I didn't like the idea of making two, but it was nice to make two. I ended up freezing the 2nd one.
this is so good! added cooked diced onion and minced garlic
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Easter Appetizers >
- Easter Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >