Crab and Corn Chowder Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3-1/2 cups milk
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 small green peppeer, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add flour; cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Gradually add milk; cook and stir until thickened. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 35-40 minutes. Remove bay leaf before serving. Yield: 6 servings (1-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 402 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 859mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein
Reviews for Crab and Corn Chowder
"Good recipe, pretty bad directions.Recommend sauteing the celery with the onions otherwise they are a bit too crunchy."
"This recipe is so wonderful!! It tastes just like the best crab corn chowder I had ever eaten in a restaurant in Louisiana....Its the best!"