- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3-1/2 cups milk
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 small green peppeer, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add flour; cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Gradually add milk; cook and stir until thickened. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 35-40 minutes. Remove bay leaf before serving. Yield: 6 servings (1-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Crab and Corn Chowder in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p46
Reviews for Crab and Corn Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2014
"Good recipe, pretty bad directions.Recommend sauteing the celery with the onions otherwise they are a bit too crunchy."
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2012
"This recipe is so wonderful!! It tastes just like the best crab corn chowder I had ever eaten in a restaurant in Louisiana....Its the best!"