Crab and Blue Cheese Mushrooms Recipe
I've tried a variety of recipes for stuffed mushrooms. But when I make these seafood "shrooms", they seem to disappear before I can put them on a platter!
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:14 servings
- 2 pounds large fresh mushrooms
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Remove mushroom stems and finely chop; set caps aside. In a large skillet, saute chopped mushrooms and onions in butter for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the crab, bread crumbs, blue cheese, parsley and salt. Spoon into mushroom caps.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: about 2 dozen.
2 mushrooms equals 104 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC