Crab and Blue Cheese Mushrooms
I've tried a variety of recipes for stuffed mushrooms. But when I make these seafood "shrooms", they seem to disappear before I can put them on a platter!
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds large fresh mushrooms
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Remove mushroom stems and finely chop; set caps aside. In a large
- skillet, saute chopped mushrooms and onions in butter for 5-7
- minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the crab,
- bread crumbs, blue cheese, parsley and salt. Spoon into mushroom
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes
- or until heated through. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 mushrooms equals 104 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.